Being a caregiver is one of the most grueling jobs on earth. I was cleaning out my voicemails from last week and realized that I had a total of 32 calls in one week in relation to my mother and her care. Whether it be case managers, pharmacies, doctors offices, advocacy groups, adult day care, Medicaid officers, Medicare and social security, it’s about her wellbeing.
Taking care of a sick, disabled or elderly loved one is truly brutal in this country. They don’t make it easy and this is not for the faint in heart. But I count my blessings everyday and here they are:
1. God: my faith and trust lies in Him!
2. Husband: could never do this alone without Gilbert Blackwell! ❤️
3. Home: we are not homeless, and can call ourselves homeowners
4. Food: we can chow down (in a healthy way) ☺️
5. Vehicles: how would I survive without a vehicle in GA…no mass transit here…😜
6. Employment: not my favorite job, but it’s a job with income
7. Healthcare: yes, it’s expensive as hell, but I have it (including access to an awesome gym)
8. Education/growth/opportunity: have it and it’s available and we are able to access it
9. Supportive friends and family: need I say more? (Including my fur-babies)
10. I opened my eyes today and have another chance at life!
What are your top ten blessings that sustain you?
They are there..just look around you!